With over forty unique concert programs to date, Voci's repertoire spans the best of early to contemporary music, featuring works composed especially for women.
Our performances feature works from the western classical music tradition, including pieces by masters such as Johannes Sebastian Bach, Samuel Barber, Johannes Brahms, Benjamin Britten, Claude Debussy, Gustav Holst, Bela Bartok and others.
We also celebrate music from other lands and cultures, including rarely heard new and traditional music from Latin America, eastern Europe and music borne of the experiences of the Holocaust.
Celebrating Women Composers
Voci is dedicated to featuring and introducing the beautiful and brilliant works of women composers such as Amy Beach, Hildegard von Bingen, Gloria Coates, Chiara Cozzolani, Katherine Dienes, Libby Larsen, Thea Musgrave, Alice Parker, Joan Szymko and Gwynneth Walker. Our spring 2012 concerts will feature pieces by local composers Ann Calloway and Gabriela Lena Frank.
Over the years, Voci has premiered pieces from exciting and up-and-coming composers--both local and international, including:
- Steven Clark--All 'Round the Maypole (2002), Out of the Cradle Endlessly Rocking (2003)
- Andras Feher - LXXV (2007)
- Gabriela Lena Frank--Pollerita Roja (2006)
- Peter Knell--On a Mountain Path (2009), Passing (2010)
- Judy Margulis - Avinu Malkeinu (2007)
- David Meckler--Natural Music, Wind & Stone (2005)
- Jude Navari--Wave Song (2003), Shouts and Lullabies (2004), Siddhartha Fragments (2012)
- Stephanie Weisman & Ellen Hoffman--Aphrodesia (2006)
- Mark Winges--The Moon-Welcome (2000)
Selected recordings from recent performances:
Listen to and watch a musical slide show
CD recordings are available from most of our past performances.
Complete List of Repertoire
View a complete history of Voci's concerts and repertoire